Colin Batt Removals is proud to belong to the British Association of Removers (BAR), the recognised voice of the professional moving and storage industry in the United Kingdom for more than 100 years.
For over a century the British Association of Removers has been promoting best practice and assuring excellence in the Removals Industry. The BAR logo is your guarantee that our staff are trained and accredited and it gives you peace of mind knowing that your move is in safe hands. Click on the BAR logo at the bottom of this page to verify our membership, you should do this with every removal firm you assess.
The British Association of Removers annually inspect and investigate all members and set strict criteria for staff, vehicle, premises, operational procedures and, insurance arrangements. These standards are all detailed in the BAR Code of Practice which all members are signatories to.
The BAR Code of Practice includes key commitments to:[list style=”list2″]
- Provide staff who are courteous, competent and committed to providing a high standard of service.
- Provide you with a clear description, price and schedule for the work to be carried out.
- Offer insurance and other protection options.
- Explain clearly our liability for loss or damage, the time limit for making claims, and cancellation/postponement rights and charges.
- Ensuring that our advertising and promotional literature is clear and not misleading.
In turn the British Association of Removers is monitored by the Trading Standards Institute (TSI), so you can rest assured that BAR Members are truly independently audited. In fact, the BAR is the first UK Trade Association to have Assured Advice, under the Primary Authority regulations, a TSI Code of Practice and an independent Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme.
Colin Batt Removals are proud to be members of the BAR and we would recommend you only ever choose a member of the BAR for your house move. Remember to click the logo in the footer below to verify our membership.